"the place" community hub
"the place" is a centre in the heart of the community for the community. Run by Norwich Vineyard Church, everyone is welcome.
• A safe and welcoming place for anyone to drop in for a drink and cake: a good way to connect and chat with others in the community. If you prefer you can just sit in the relaxed environment, read the paper or a book, or do an activity alongside others.
• Young People's after school drop-in: a lively place to get a drink and snacks on the way home from school, to meet with friends or make new ones, play games or chat. There are groups that you can opt into from time to time, such as improving self-esteem, arts and crafts, exploring faith.. The Youth Drop-in sessions are funded in part by Broadland Youth Advisory Board Find out more at Momentum Norfolk
• Community Cafe: a monthly community lunch, serving a variety of food.
• Craft groups: social groups to meet other women in the community and learn different crafts. The crafts are always appropriate for people of all abilities and includes Knit and Natter.
• Access to our life groups: brochures are available for all the groups on offer, from sailing to cycling or a reading group…. Find out which ones are running each term.
• Exhibitions: the exhibition space is used to promote local artists and craftspeople, as well as providing other exhibitions of local interest. The arts and crafts are usually for sale. Please make enquiries if you would like to show your work.
• A place for those seeking support or advice: we can offer someone to talk to about issues you may have or signpost you to services that could be of benefit. You can make an appointment to meet with a trained debt counsellor. We have some volunteers who are experienced in supporting people who are bereaved, struggling with emotional issues or have mental health difficulties. We have access to our own “food store” for those in immediate need of food.
• Prayer space: different spaces are available (quiet space, creative space, interactive space) to give you the opportunity for some personal reflection. A volunteer is available to pray for you or a loved one if this is what you would find helpful.
• Look out for our special events: special events are advertised in the window at "the place" and on the website. Events at “the place” have included Christmas crafts, summer plant sales, women's events and barbecues. There are posters advertising events around the communit..
Find out what people say about "the place"
Find out about our opening times
Please contact the church office on 01603 701750 for more details or specific events and opening hours .
You can find "the place" at 61 Spinney Road, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, NR7 0PL.
There is no charge for any of our activities. We welcome voluntary donations from individuals or businesses to cover our costs. Please contact us if you would like to support “the place” with regular giving.